ABC Audio delivers hourly newscasts and breaking news coverage to more than 1,800 terrestrial radio affiliates nationwide with a typical weekly reach of 77 million people. ABC Audio also produces a large library of highly ranked Apple podcasts.
A day in the life…
You will assist in supporting the operational and technical needs of ABC Audio.
• Operating audio boards for guest interviews for both terrestrial and podcast use
• Researching and booking guests
• Conducting interviews
• Pitch story ideas
• Audio production
You will be tasked with completing one capstone project by the end of your internship. This semester's project surrounds the creation of a sustainable news futures calendar system. You will work closely with the Assignment Desk, Newsroom Managers, and Associate Producers to tailor a system to ABC Audio.
What you bring to the role…
• Ability to prioritize and meet the needs of a busy network news operation by providing a high level of production and technical support
• Comprehensive understanding of digital audio systems, including recording and editing capabilities, database and workflow knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to work quickly and accurately fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated proficiency (academic or previous internship) with multi-track audio production
• Demonstrated proficiency (academic or previous internship) with broadcast writing
• Experience with Adobe Audition
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Previous experience (academic or previous internship) in radio and/or video news production
• Previous experience (academic or previous internship) with audio engineering/production
• Previous experience (academic or previous internship) with writing for broadcast
• Previous on-air radio experience
• Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• At the time of application, must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
• Must be willing to relocate to the New York City area and provide your own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
• Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
• Must be available from January to May
• Must be willing to work 32 hours/week, Monday- Friday, daytime hours (8:30-4:30pm)
• Intern will work in the office a couple days per week and remotely a couple days per week
About ABC News:
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC News.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67pb9-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.