Fall Intern - Race & Culture
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionBe a part of an innovative team and culture…
The Race and Culture Unit is offering an opportunity to join our team this summer/fall. The perfect candidate will have a strong passion for diverse and inclusive storytelling. This internship will help give support in our development and production of stories at the intersection of race, politics, and culture.
Across the landscape of ABC News Programming, the Race and Culture team guides daily reporting and special projects in a space that is dynamic and requires closer investigation, delivering breaking news, relevant interviews, and incisive investigative reports.
A Day in the Life…
• Assisting with daily logging elements
• Pitching stories and assisting with research elements
• Assisting with bookings
• Participating in weekly editorial meetings
• Writing digital articles for ABCNews.com and goodmorningamerica.com
What we are looking for…(Basic Qualifications)
• Knowledge and interest in the topics of race and culture and current events
• Ability to work efficiently in a team/group setting
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Creative out-of-the box thinker
• Previous internship experience in a professional newsroom setting
• Familiarity with ABC News shows
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application.
• Undergraduate students in their Senior year or recent graduates
• This internship is an in- person internship
• The approximate dates of this internship are August through early January 2024
• Must be willing to live in the Washington, DC area and provide own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
• Candidate must be available to work full-time hours during the week (30-40 hours/week)
About ABC News:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC News.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz8bj3-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.
The Walt Disney Company Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.