Fall Intern - WPVI-TV Community Engagement
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWPVI-TV (6abc) Community Engagement Internship – FALL 2022
WPVI-TV (6abc) Community Engagement Internship – FALL 2022
The Internship Program with the 6abc Community Engagement Department is designed to provide one student with a general understanding of the many facets of Community Engagement within the fast-paced media industry.
As an intern on this team, you will work in a professional environment and will gain hands-on experience. As the intern for Community Engagement at 6abc, it will include exposure to station-corporate initiatives and events originated by 6abc. You will also be provided with a view of all aspects of television long-form production and operations of the Community Engagement department. You will have the opportunity to observe and participate in the daily work and operations of a major market television station.
A day in the life…
Some of your projects with the WPVI-TV (6abc) Community Engagement team may include:
• Attend community engagement meetings (virtual & in-person)
• Assist with production of the station's campaigns & initiatives
• Assist with studio and taped long-form productions
• Work on Social media engagement and write PSA & digital copy
• Interaction via Zoom calls, email, and phone with the 6abc community and corporate partners
• Connecting with community-based non-profit organizations, and the communities that interact with and are supported by 6abc
What you bring to the role…
• Interest in pursuing a career in television/multi-media field
• Being detail-oriented and able to handle many different responsibilities at the same time
• Good news judgment and effective communication skills are essential, along with strong writing and video editing skills
• Strong, ongoing knowledge of long form TV & video production
• Has attention to detail and set priorities
• Flexibility and Ability to Multitask in a Fast-Paced Environment
• Experience with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Prior experience working in an office setting, including answering emails in a professional manner. Television writing and video editing skills (Final Cut Pro)
• Social media proficiency
• Experience in community engagement, corporate citizenship & social responsibility, event planning, urban development, or social media/branding a plus.
• Major or previous coursework in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Advertising, Business Administration or related major
• Proficient in Zoom meeting coordination
• Prior TV or Video production internship
• All students must possess unrestricted work authorization
• All candidates must be eligible to work in the US
• All students must be at least 18 years old
• At the time of application, students must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university, taking at least one class in the semester/quarter prior to participating – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months – OR be currently participating in Disney Professional Internship
• All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule
• Junior or Senior-level standing, or a recent graduate within six (6) months of graduation date
• All candidates must be available from August/September 2022 through January 2023
• All candidates must be available to work 20 hours per week during a Monday through Sunday schedule (hours and days to be determined by your supervisor, and could include nights, weekends, and holidays)
• All candidates must be able to work in the Philadelphia office and provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
• Résumé (outlining all your required qualifications)
• College transcripts (official or unofficial)
• A Cover Letter outlining your interest in this position, and relative experience in work, school, and extracurricular activities
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with WPVI Television (Philadelphia), LLC, which is part of a business we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
WPVI Television (Philadelphia), LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r094ej-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.