Fall Intern - WLS-TV Design & Animation
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWLS-TV (ABC7) Design & Animation Internship – Fall 2022
ABC7 (WLS-TV) Chicago is the Midwest flagship of the ABC television network. ABC7 leads the market in local news coverage, signature local events and programming, and has been in a number one position in local news since March 1986. The award-winning Design Department at ABC 7 produces full-scope multiplatform creative for all events, special programs, initiatives and newscasts. The station's offices and studios are located in The Loop in downtown Chicago.
The Creative Space…
• Immersion in department meetings and critiques for creative design projects.
• Support designers and animators working with creative briefs and requests
• Assist in asset creation and learn the ropes of creative project planning
• Participate in collaborative project discussions
• Experience the motion design process from conceptualization to completion and distribution
• Develop a thorough understanding of how design comes to life through animation and logic-based behaviors
• Create artwork for multi-platform design projects
What You Bring to the Role…
• Curiosity and a desire to learn about brands and multi-platform design.
• A discerning eye for the fundamentals of design including layout, composition and typography
• Passion to explore creative techniques, graphic functionality and behaviors.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, and Illustrator. Exposure to other Adobe Creative Cloud apps and/or 3D platforms is helpful.
• Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is preferred.
• Understanding of visual communication for storytelling
• Familiarity with graphic and animation formats and file types
• Effective communication, organizational, and time-management skills.
• Character design and modeling is considered relevant related experience, with the understanding this role is geared to creative design for marketing and content.
• Studying Graphic Design, Motion Design or Communication Design in college
• Passion and ambition to explore creative techniques with infographics, brands and storytelling
• Ambitious, motivated self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Technically savvy using both Mac and PC platforms
• Currently enrolled as a Junior or Senior in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within 6 months at time of application.
• All students must possess unrestricted work authorization
• All students must be at least 18 years old
• Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring) prior to participation in the internship program – OR – must have graduated from a college or university within the last six 6 months - OR - currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program at the time of application.
• All candidates must be willing to work up to 18 -20 hours/week during a Monday through Sunday schedule (hours and days to be determined by your supervisor, and could include nights, weekends, and holidays)
• All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship. This internship is located in Chicago, IL.
• All candidates must be available from Aug/Sept 2022 through January 2023
• All students must provide a consistent, reliable work schedule during the session
• Résumé (outlining all your required qualifications)
• College transcripts (official or unofficial)
• A Cover Letter outlining your interest in this position, and relative experience in work, school, and extracurricular activities
• Samples of Design and/or Animation work for consideration
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with WLS Television, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r19kxy-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.