- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionABC22 and FOX44 in Burlington, VT is now accepting applications for a summer News Intern. The News Intern will work with editors, reporters and other newsroom employees and receive feedback on their efforts.
Our News Internship is for qualified students studying Broadcast Journalism, Video Production, and other Communication degrees. Internships can be for reporter, photographer, editor, newscast producer, and assignment editor. Duties might include writing stories, rewrite wire copy, editing, and researching stories.
As part of the internship, the student will have an opportunity to learn about all departments at the station. This is an UN-PAID, SUPERVISED INTERNSHIP. The student is responsible for their own transportation.
Interns must be college/university students and receive college credit for the internships. Students are expected to obtain and complete any forms necessary to receive credit for the internship experience. The intern's college/university academic advisor (and institution guidelines) determines the amount of credit available (and subsequently, the amount of time an intern will be available on a weekly basis). Station department heads will oversee the internship to evaluate, monitor, and assess the intern's progress and ensure they are receiving the proper education/training.
• Each internship is for 16 hours per week for 15 weeks
• Will be well supervised and participate in a meaningful learning experience
• Upon completion of the internship, the student will be evaluated through a written review by the internship supervisor
Requirements & Skills:
• Enrolled in an accredited school, college, or university
• Must be a junior, or a senior in their last year of concentrated study
• Able to provide a letter from the school, college or university stating that the student will be granted credit for their internship
• Be of advanced skill level due to complexity of projects
• A collaborative worker with a willingness to learn
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Previous internship experience a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq430z-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.