Summer Intern - Technology
New York, NY
OVERVIEW OF JOB
The intern will work with the International and Communication Solutions Technology team to aid in the planning, development and support of a wide range of business systems.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The intern will work directly with their managers to help solve technology problems and deliver new features and functionality across multiple business applications which support many areas of the A+E Networks business teams including International and Marketing.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Assisting in the data analysis of programming and rights related media data.
- Testing of multiple business applications from a technical and functional perspective.
- Participate in Agile scrum meetings to learn about the agile development process and contribute their own insights and ideas and assist with meeting follow-up.
- Participate in analysis needed to evaluate current systems functionality and help the team document and deliver new solutions.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Solid oral and written communication skills
• Preference for individuals with technical and/or development experience or coursework, especially structured query language (SQL)
• Both an analytical and creative thinking mind-set
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• A positive attitude and desire to gain experience within the television technology landscape
• A true team player!
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.