Summer Intern - Digital Content Licensing
Los Angeles, CA
A+E Networks, where life is entertaining.
A+E Studios is seeking a Summer Intern who is excited to learn about and experience the television production process from a Studio perspective. A+E Studios is responsible for creating scripted programming for the networks under the A+E Networks brand, and outside networks. The selected candidate will work with the Studios' Creative Affairs and Production teams as they follow the production of scripted programming from start to finish. We're seeking an ambitious Intern to support the team with various day-to-day administrative tasks, as well as:
• Observe the A+E Studios executives and staff as they make creative, financial, and production-based decisions.
• Learn the production process from development of a script through completion of production. Includes attending internal meetings and reviewing creative and production documents.
• Shadow Coordinators to learn about all administrative tasks associated with supporting Studio Executives and provide desk coverage for Coordinators as needed.
• Work collaboratively or independently as needed.
• Possess exceptional organizational skills, proper phone etiquette, and a professional attitude.
• Conduct research pertaining to current, development, and potential projects, including other areas of interest for development.
• Prepare and maintain department's development slate report and writer and director staffing lists.
• Work with the three departments within the Studio's Production team - Physical Production, Post Production, and Finance - in day-to-day activities, including:
• Complete script breakdowns, draft production schedules, and prepare production templates.
• Maintain Production team's incentive/location libraries and other departmental grids.
• Complete critical assumptions.
• Learn to use industry standard software - Scenchronize, PIX, WireDrive, Final Cut, and Movie Magic.
Candidate must be a college undergraduate who is entering their sophomore year in 2020 and preferably have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Student must have interest in the industry and/or a specific area of interest through past work experience, internships, and/or major course of study.
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.