Spring Intern - Legal
Remote / Virtual
Legal & Business Affairs (NY) - Summer Intern (Graduate)
We currently have an exciting internship opportunity in the Legal & Business Affairs (L&BA) department in New York, which supports the company in its global media and entertainment business. You will have an opportunity to gain a bird's-eye view and 360-degree experience in L&BA learning negotiations, drafting, risk assessment, analytical research, litigation, business development, networking, and other legal skills.
You will have an opportunity to assist in researching, analyzing, negotiating and drafting various types of agreements-spanning across programming, affiliate, licensing (clip and music to brand merchandising), information technology, privacy, and digital and international distribution deals. By interacting with various internal clients that L&BA supports, you will learn business relationship management and risk assessment from various lenses, including but not limited to, standards and practices, pre-broadcast review, rights, commercial clearance, intellectual property, litigation, and global distribution.
• Excellent research and analytical writing skills, with an ability to propose creative solutions
• Passion and curiosity for entertainment and television business on a global scale
• Strong communication and organization skills, with a positive and proactive mind-set
• Ability to manage time autonomously on multiple projects
• A team player with maturity, flexibility and outstanding judgment
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.