Summer Intern - Digital Content Licensing
Los Angeles, CA
Legal & Business Affairs Summer Internship (Los Angeles - Graduate)
We currently have an exciting internship opportunity in the Legal & Business Affairs (L&BA) Group in Los Angeles, which serves as the back-bone of the company, supporting A+E Network's global media and entertainment distribution business. You will have an opportunity to gain a bird's-eye view and 360-degree experience in L&BA learning negotiations, drafting, risk assessment, analytical research, litigation, business development, networking, and other legal skills.
You will have an opportunity to assist in researching, analyzing, negotiating and drafting various types of agreements related to the development and production of original programming, including rights deals, writer, producer, director and actor agreements, as well as various distribution agreements. You will have the opportunity to work on above-the-line labor issues and help resolve guild claims. By interacting with various internal clients that L&BA supports, you will learn business relationship management and risk assessment from various lenses, including but not limited to, development, production, distribution, and litigation.
Examples of major responsibilities include:
• Drafting basic contracts (under attorney supervision) involving the development and production of television pilots, series and MOWs.
• Reviewing and summarizing key deal points.
• Performing chain of title research.
• Reviewing and summarizing marketing and publicity requirements in talent contracts.
• Rising graduate student currently enrolled at an accredited law school and legally eligible to work in the U.S. may apply.
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media are strongly preferred
• Excellent research and analytical writing skills, with an ability to propose creative solutions
• Passion and curiosity for entertainment and television business on a global scale
• Strong communication and organization skills, with a positive and proactive mind-set
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.