New York, NY
Disney Streaming Services is changing how people watch movies, shows, sports and live events. Our mission is to create the best entertainment experience and push the envelope of what's possible. It's an incredibly exciting time to work in streaming media as more content creators seek how to engage their audience with compelling user experiences. The design team has a pivotal role in giving form to those ideas and continually improving these apps that people use every day.
The DSS design team is a growing practice of multi-disciplinary creators and storytellers. We are passionate about building high-quality, innovative and authentic experiences that connect people with the content they love. We work where art meets science, exploring ideas by using the power of design to make the invisible visible. We believe in doing things that matter, cultivating a culture of diverse perspectives and collaboration. We celebrate our wins, but never settle.
We are looking for a Principal Product Designer to join our expanding International team. This is an opportunity to collaborate with the very best in design, product and technology to help shape industry-leading products used by millions across the world.
As the Principal Product Designer, International, you will identify the needs of real users through research, ideation, prototyping, testing, iterating and testing again until you arrive at a solution that exceeds user expectations. Your influence will not only have a major impact on this team, but collectively, your work will impact and inspire millions worldwide. This role calls for a full-stack skillset, with expertise across multiple facets of product design, ranging from interaction design to user research to UI design.
Our ideal Principal Product Designer, International will:
• Follow a user-centered, data-driven design process to clearly understand the motivations and behaviors of our international users, and design intuitive solutions that help them meet their goals
• Partner closely with multi-disciplinary teams, including research, engineering, product and business to find elegant and practical solutions
• Partner with researchers to validate solutions and practice evidence-based design
• Lead as an international subject matter expert for the rest of the design team, providing design guidance, documenting and socializing best practices
• Provide thought leadership to develop the right design strategy, and use UX methodologies to bring value to the user and the business
• Design unique and complex multi-platform products
• Rapidly concept multiple solutions at varied levels of fidelity, from sketches to wireframes to interactive prototypes, instinctively knowing the proper level of fidelity required to communicate your point of view and elicit the right type of feedback for the project stage
• Adhere to and help shape our design system and brand guidelines, ensuring a high-level of quality, establishing a consistent look and feel throughout the product, and only diverging when the need is validated
• Work well autonomously, self-managing and taking full ownership of your work, from discovery to production, but also able to take direction and work within parameters
• Actively participate in feedback loops from design crits to 1:1s Possess excellent design judgement in evaluating a design.
• Embrace change and ambiguity, viewing it as an opportunity not a blocker
• Driven by the need to meet our users where they are in order to understand cultural norms, behavior and motivations, acknowledging that context is fundamental in designing the right solution that takes a product from desirable to meaningful
• Collaborative, working well within a team environment, while also able to function as an individual contributor with self-direction and accountability
• Adaptable and receptive to design feedback
• Comfortable speaking with internal stakeholders, with strong interpersonal and consulting skills, can articulate design goals and priorities and how to achieve them
• Deadline-oriented and efficient, possessing strong time management skills
• Organized and detail-oriented, carefully reviewing your work at all stages
• Proactive in communicating and documenting project progress, status, and workload
• Up-to-date with emerging design trends and technologies, eager to learn and share with the design team, or has set their own trends / patented technologies
• 12+ years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies
• A portfolio showcasing your process for problem-solving and interaction design, with particular attention to localization, inclusivity and accessibility best practices
• Been recognized in the Design community as a leader or otherwise awarded?
• Experience designing for multiple platforms, particularly connected devices, a huge plus
• Experience creating minimum viable products, utilizing rapid prototyping and iterative design techniques
• Expert skills in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Abstract, Zeplin
• Proficiency with prototyping (Principle, Framer, Proto.io) and animation (After Effects) software a plus
• Proficiency in HTML/CSS a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong conceptual and design sense, and able to execute across a range of digital experiences
• Bachelor's degree in design or related field required
Disney Streaming Services is an equal opportunity employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site