Senior Software Engineer - Partner Engineering
Hsinchu City, Taiwan
The Company and Product Strategy:
Instant streaming on partner devices is a core part of Netflix's strategy for the future. Our first partner product to support instant streaming to TVs was launched in May 2008 and is now available on 100s of products. Our partnerships include global television makers, like Hisense, Vizio, Samsung and LG, as well as many of the world's largest pay-TV operators, like Reliance Jio, Chunghwa Telecom, KDDI Japan and SKBB Korea. The Netflix Device Platform makes this possible.
In order to help our partners add the Netflix instant streaming service quickly to their device, we work very closely with these engineering teams to quickly overcome any and all challenges. A key aspect to being successful is to build technical partnerships that can scale to a number of different solutions. The functionality of our platform includes streaming and playback, dynamic UI, security, and partner specific adaptation for new types of devices. For more details on the team you will be leading, watch this video.
You will be leading a team of experienced embedded systems engineers to prototype, develop, and productize Netflix technology on partner platforms. You will need to work cross functionally with internal technical teams as well as external partner teams to ensure we can scale our solution across a massive partner ecosystem. That partner ecosystem includes 7 year old set top boxes, 30 dollar streaming sticks, and high end 4k HDR smart TV's. You will lead an amazing team and you will be empowered to make things happen.
Our culture is a bit unique, and we tend to live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix at https://jobs.netflix.com/life-at-netflix
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
• You speak business level chinese (Mandarin) and English
• You're comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership.
• You have a deep understanding and appreciation for the complexities of embedded software development.
• Ideally, you have a deep background in one or more of the following: embedded system development, Linux system-level programming, audio/video playback, embedded graphics
• You enjoy working in a highly cross-functional leadership role.
• You are proactive, seeking the best solutions for the company.
• You have a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, or comparable experience.
• You have 7-10 years experience in delivering products in the consumer electronics spaceTV / Set-top box
• 5+ years of experience in engineering leadership roles
• Speaking Japanese and/or Korean language is a plus
• Experience in managing remote teams across different time zones is a plus
• Experience in Android operating system is a plus