Full Time Job
Director, Customer Care
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
• Responsible for leading and managing a team of internal customer care managers that are responsible for leading the external customer service center of 150+ brand care specialists.
• Identify and implement best practices and methodologies for improving overall services operations and ensuring that the service level agreements are met.
• Provides leadership and business planning direction to team members in order to achieve annual business objectives
• Responsible for the strategic planning and successful implementation of all facets of customer support and quality
• Liaises internally and works closely with department leaders for successful delivery of services and support
• Responsible for driving, organizing, and developing the Customer Operations team/systems to achieve the highest levels of customer issue resolution through accurate, timely, proactive and professional communications with customers
• Owns achieving and maintaining benchmark response times, customer activity metrics goals including saves, and customer service performance standards for all customer care interactions.
• Formulate of long and short-term operating budgets and other objectives of the Customer Care Department
• Identify new tools and technologies to enable enhanced support the customer.
• Responsible for all aspects of performance management including interviewing, hiring, training, performance evaluations, and recognition
• Provide effective, constructive and appropriate feedback and leadership to direct reports to foster positive, team atmosphere; ensure personal and professional development of direct reports
• Initiate and assist with the creation, development, and implementation of processes and procedures
• Ability to learn and understand multiple customer profiles for a diverse suite of brands and products and leading the department in shaping policies, procedures, and performance expectations around those profiles.
• Overseeing the relationship with the BPO call center vendor
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Bachelor's degree
• 8+ years in a customer service, call center environment
• 5+ years in managing customer service teams, within the Entertainment and Sports industries highly preferred
• 5+ years in customer care operations that included a focus on sales retention and save interactions.
• Experience with subscription business models or digital products preferred
• Experience managing and forecasting large budgets based on headcount, contact volume, seasonality, and more, as well as understanding the business implications of decisions and orientation to profitability
• Proven track record of successful development and implementation of exceptional customer service standards and procedures with some experience developing client relationships, working with clients directly to find solutions.
• Possess a "big picture" perspective of customer service, its impact on revenue, retention, and marketing.
• Ability to interpret business intelligence reporting and develop strategy.
• Demonstrate excellent presentation and communication skills with particular ability to adapt to your audience (client, vendor, team member), knowing how to blend compassion, respect, and authority.
• Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus-building.
• Significant experience in a fast-paced and results-driven setting
• Outstanding listening, comprehension and clear, concise and grammatically sound oral and written communication skills
• Broad perspective on the role customer service plays in an organization's strategy and growth
• Computer proficient, able to work with disparate systems and applications
• Comfortable working in a matrixed corporate environment