Part Time Job
- Part Time
has an opening for a part-time Production Engineer. We are looking for an
energetic team player who understands the flexible schedule required in the
broadcast industry to join our production crew. This person will be responsible
for operating cameras, teleprompter, audio, and video equipment; as related to
live broadcasts and post-production. Must have good technical skills and
good communication skills. Responsibilities include, camera/studio operator,
audio, and other duties as assigned.
• Operate teleprompter during newscasts
• Operate robotic cameras
• Moving and handling of props and sets during in-house and on-location productions (this could mean assisting in moving heavy equipment)
• Maintain and understand lighting grid and control board with knowledge to maintain proper programming. Ability to climb ladders to change light bulbs and adjust fixtures as needed.
• Dress microphone's and IFB's for all on camera appearances
• Basic multi-media computer skill and familiarity with current Internet technology.
• Assist with promotional effort at station-sponsored community events as assigned.
• Work as needed in control room in technical positions (including camera control, audio and TD)
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Engineering
• Working knowledge of television newscast equipment and software.
• Videography experience helpful.
• Related military experience will be considered
• The ideal candidate should have a good attitude, be willing to learn, and be a team player.
• Must be able to problem solve quickly and work well under pressure and with tight deadlines.
• Must be able to work all shifts as needed, including nights and weekends.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications or Media Studies preferred. Completion of college level technical & editing classes a plus.
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
KMBC-TVHearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.
External Application Page
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site