Technical Project Manager
New York, NY US
Disney Streaming Services is a place for the creative and the bold. We're seeking talent across disciplines to join our team in New York City.
Core Engineering is a horizontal service team providing both tools and guidance across the organization for operations in AWS. We strive to act as a productivity multiplier for application teams, helping them to drive their adoption of AWS services in conjunction with their existing infrastructure.
Within Core Engineering, the Developer Productivity Engineering team is a distributed team that owns internal tools used to deploy the services that make up Disney Streaming Service's products. Built for AWS with a variety of open source software, our tools are used by dozens of engineering teams across the company.
As a Technical Project Manager in Developer Productivity Engineering, you will refine our processes, prioritize features with stakeholders, and coordinate product development. Based in our New York City, you will apply analytical methods of project evaluation, leveraging metrics to visualize and guide the project lifecycle. You should bring a passion for coaching, collaboration, and team building to help reshape and optimize process and product delivery.
• Lead agile ceremonies for two teams of 4-6 engineers
• Communicate and resolve blockers to progress
• Foster cross-team coordination, including requirements discovery and change control
• Identify, maintain, and visualize metrics to guide the project lifecycle
• Engage with our large group of stakeholders
• Drive continuous team and process improvement
• Promote a collaborative environment that develops agreeableness, trust, experimentation, creativity and innovation
• Lead and contribute to the decision-making process and facilitate conflict resolution
• Identify, communicate & handle dependencies, risks, & mitigation plans
• BA or BS or equivalent experience demonstrating a strong understanding of software development
• Experience as a project manager, of which at least two years was in an agile environment
• Working understanding of AWS and cloud based development and a desire to know more
• Ability to follow highly technical discussions and absorb technical documentation
• Deep rooted passion and proven track record building motivated and collaborative teams
• Prior experience managing agile practices for a distributed team
• Experience as a system administrator
• Success implementing the communication and collaboration practices central to DevOps
• Experience with establishing product management / software release cycles
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site