Studio Financial Planning & Analysis Associate
Los Angeles, CA US
The Marketing Planning & Analysis (MP&A) team is looking for an Associate to join our Marketing FP&A team in Los Angeles. This Associate will be the financial planning partner to our Publicity and Social Marketing teams. These teams develop innovative campaigns to drive our business around the world. Marketing leadership relies on the MP&A team to accurately forecast expenses as well as inform important business decisions with actionable insights into market and expense trends.
In this role, you will need to be a self-starter with tremendous skill in working and communicating with cross-functional partners who have different backgrounds, levels, and experiences. A successful candidate will be able to manage complex workstreams that involve multiple stakeholders, and build strong relationships across teams. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
• Develop long and near-term marketing expense forecasts for Netflix's marketing investment
• Create insightful presentations to summarize analyses and facilitate decision-making for marketing leadership
• Build strong relationships with stakeholders and be able to effectively communicate tracking to forecasts and insights into expense trends with recommendations on next steps and action items
• Become proficient in our planning system (Anaplan) and contribute to system enhancements
• Engage, educate and assist marketing stakeholders in budget planning processes and tools
• Partner cross functionally with the greater Marketing FP&A team, Financial Operations, Accounting, Content FP&A, and Marketing teams
• Periodic travel to other Netflix offices worldwide
• 5-7 years of relevant experience in FP&A. Prior media/entertainment or marketing fp&a experience is preferred but not required
• Bachelor's degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature, preferably Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting or a related field
• Strong talent for crafting and presenting data-driven analyses and insights to stakeholders of all levels and backgrounds.
• Motivated and disciplined to work effectively and autonomously
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and tolerate ambiguity and shifting requirements
• Highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
• Superior proficiency with Excel and complex financial modeling
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in English required; clear and concise communication abilities required; experience in communicating internationally a plus