Baltimore, MD US
Come be the difference at WBAL-TV…the first television station purchased by William
Randolph Hearst! Located a short distance from the majestic Inner Harbor
of Baltimore, WBAL-TV is one of America's Leading Television Stations.
Baltimore is a city rich in history…from the birthplace of the Star Spangled
Banner to the home of the Baltimore Orioles and Baltimore Ravens, there is
something for everyone in our town. Come join us and be the bigger
WBAL-TV has an opening for a part time Operations Technician. An Operation Technician operates various technical equipment for live and taped television shows. This person prepares content for on-air use and performs other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Operate studio robotics equipment; acquires, prepares, and transfers content for on-air use; prepares, monitors, and executes automation events for transmission; sets up audio equipment and operates audio console for live and recorded production elements and shows; performs other operational-related duties as assigned or required; and maintains a clean and orderly workspace.
• Flexibility to work various days and shifts as assigned.
• Ability to work effectively with other team members.
• Ability to perform with accuracy while under pressure.
• Ability to multi-task accurately.
• Ability to follow instructions, verbal and written.
• Practical experience working at a college-level cable or television facility for a minimum of two semesters or a commercial television station for six months or longer
• Experience with Master Control Operations, and/or
• Experience with Studio Robotics Systems, Video Servers, Content Acquisition and Preparation, Audio Console Operation, and Videotape Operations.
• 1+ years of college-level curriculum preferably in the broadcast communications or mass media program.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site