Data Engineering Manager
West Hollywood, CA US
Overview and Responsibilities
We are currently looking for an IT Manager to supervisor our Helpdesk and to help us grow our IT org. The best possible person for this role has extensive experience in IT, operations, and infrastructure technologies. We are looking for someone who can multitask, splitting their time between troubleshooting issues, completing projects and implementations, acting as our GSuite Admin and shaping policy that allows us to scale.
. We'd like to see a demonstrated track record of developing positive relationships, collaborating across teams, developing their staff, coordinating multiple timelines, and handling complex, cross-discipline projects.
Our preference is for candidates who are coming from entertainment companies like studios, post-production or visual effects. If you are willing to learn the industry domain and come from a similar field, we'd be happy to speak with you! This role reports to the VP of Engineering.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Supervising the IT Team: hiring, training, mentorship and development of our Helpdesk team.
• Maintaining healthy systems & fixing issues, acting as an escalation point for the Helpdesk team, and stepping in to clear tickets personally to ensure speedy resolution
• Executing complex projects and workloads, setting priorities, and executing long-term projects in the face of short-term fires.
• Cross-functional communication and collaboration with internal clients and partners.
Develop, deploy and monitor security by aiding to establish policy and procedures that will scale as we grow.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• 3+ years' experience managing an IT team
• 7+ years' experience performing IT work, including the execution of technical projects, troubleshooting, and the implementation of new methodologies
• Extensive experience as a GSuite Admin, knowledge of related apps including Slack, OKTA, O365
• Strategic thinking skills
• High emotional intelligence
• Strong time management skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong leadership quality
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of the entertainment industry, particularly studio, post-production or production environments
• Practical understanding of web-based software architecture/engineering as it relates to the infrastructure and network operations
• Experience leading diverse global teams, budgets, and schedules