Paid Social Specialist
London, EN GB
About The Brand
Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), a unit of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), is comprised of many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, BET and more. ViacomCBS brands reach more than 3.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 180+ countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages.
What is the role?
Consumer Products facilitates the development of merchandise for our ViacomCBS brands through UK retail outlets. Consumer Products license all types of products with the key areas being: Toys and Games, Books, Clothing and Accessories, Food and Promotions, Health & Beauty, DVD and Video Games. We do not manufacture product ranges internally but work with third party companies, ''licensees'', who sell branded product at retail and pay a defined royalty on each item sold. Another key aspect is liaising with all UK retailers from ASDA and B&M to Matalan to ensure they support ViacomCBS brands by stocking licensees' product ranges.
Reporting into the Nickelodeon UK Retail Director, the role is responsible for the management of major UK Retail accounts across all licensed categories! Working closely with the Consumer Products Marketing and Category teams, the role will support in developing and executing the UK Retail Strategy.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships for major UK Retailers through robust insight led joint business planning and implementation
• Regularly review progress against strategic objectives for agreed Retailers and make identify and execute tactical opportunities outside of key retail accounts to maximise business revenues
• Regularly pitch franchise campaigns, corporate marketing initiatives and & specific category priorities to buying and broader senior retail teams
• Work in collaboration with the Viacom Retail Analytics team to ensure timely post campaign analysis and evaluation of retail activity to inform future decision making and investment priorities
• Conduct quarterly store audits and present back findings and opportunities back to the wider Consumer Products division at team meetings
What skills do you need
• Experience working in the UK Retail industry, managing a major customer in a commercial function is preferable
• Proven experience of building lasting relationships with external, senior retail management
• Confident communicator, both written and spoken, able to deliver presentations and drive negotiations with senior management
• Background within the Food/Apparel/Softlines categories
• Strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to work with autonomously
• An analytical mind; able to provide informative conclusions and recommendations based on data and market research
• Experience developing and delivering account plan essential
Whether you are a leader or hope to one day be, you will be a change maker by challenging the status quo, Lead with passion and purpose Drive collaboration and Lead with openness to individual differences and diverse perspectives.
What are our values - Bravery | Empathy | Honesty
and we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria of the role applied for.
We take our responsibility in safeguarding children very seriously. We work hard to ensure that all children and adults with whom we engage receive equal protection from all types of harm or abuse, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity; an obligation we take very seriously. To ensure, we are an exemplar in the field of safeguarding individuals, those who are successful in receiving an offer for roles that interact with children, will be required to complete background checks prior to starting with the company.
Function Consumer Products/Licensing/Merchandising/Retail
Brand Viacom International Media Networks
Job Type Full-Time Staff