Intern - News
Sinclair Broadcast Group
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
As a part of our commitment to community service and educational enrichment, ABC 7/WJLA 24/7 News offers a limited number of highly-sought after unpaid internships aimed at providing a springboard for college students interested in developing careers in broadcast and/or cable television and human resources. Interns will experience all phases of a major market television station's day-to-day operations as a supplement to their academic curriculum.
ABC 7/WJLA 24/7 News internships are made available to juniors and senior registered in a four-year undergraduate program at an accredited college or university. Graduate students and students entering their second year in a two-year junior or community college program may also be considered. Applicants should possess declared majors in communications, journalism, broadcast production techniques or some similar related area. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
The ideal candidate must be:
• A current college student who boasts a strong academic record.
• Able to receive college credit for this internship.
• A responsible professional who has prior internship and/or work experience.
• A candidate with a terrific attitude who can work well with a team as well as independently.
• A creative self-starter who can communicate effectively and work well under constant deadline.
• Willing to work mornings, nights and/ or weekends to support our newscasts varying hours: We will do our best to work with your schedule.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!