Senior Technical Program Management Lead
Santa Monica, CA
Hulu’s Web team is seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test who will be an outstanding addition to our team! As an SDET at Hulu, you will be the domain expert in the web applications that power the user experience, and play an integral role in defining test strategies, building test automation, investigating/reporting issues, and collaborating across the Engineering team to release quality software. The right person for this role must be able to lead by example: design and implement high-quality solutions via both manual means and automation to engineering problems and interact directly with developers and technical program managers to ensure quick, effective communication of issues and test results. In addition, the candidate needs to be highly proficient in automation - not just how to automate, but when and why as well. This is an excellent opportunity to have a meaningful impact on our QE process and culture, as well as the products we release. If you have a passion for delivering a quality product, then this is the role for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Build and improve our automation, and partner with other Quality Engineers and SDETs to ensure both a high-quality bar and a high level of code coverage.
• Collaborate daily with software developers, product owners, and program managers to define requirements and ensure testability
• Design test plans and build test cases (both manual and automated) for exciting new features being introduced, and propose regression tests to discover recurring issues while driving those tests to “automation complete”
• Diagnose, debug, and perform root cause analysis for issues in production or test environments, report defects, advocate for their resolution and provide transparency into the value of your work
• Partner with multiple teams to arrive at End to End test scenarios and help execute them to ensure product release readiness.
WHAT TO BRING
• B.S. degree in Computer Science (or equivalent degree or work experience).
• 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
• Proficient programming with Java, Python, C#, Kotlin, Scala, or similar
• Experience with backend test automation frameworks (E.g. REST Assured, Karate, pytest, etc.)
• Proficient with version control software (E.g. GitHub) and issue/project tracking software (E.g. Jira)
• Proficient with software development/debugging tools (E.g. Postman, curl, Chrome dev tools)
• Highly experienced in defining/executing/maintaining test cases and experience with building out test plans for backend services
• Good reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with test suite/case/run management tools (E.g. qTest, TestRail, etc.)
• Proven experience demonstrating analytical skills, reporting, leadership, customer focus, and collaboration
• Some experience with Jenkins or similar build tools
• Experience developing advanced mocking mechanisms (E.g. rule-based proxies and dummy-services)