Senior Distributed Systems Engineer - Telemetry
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment and shaping the evolution of storytelling around the world. With over 190 million members in 190 countries, we are focused on delivering an incredible customer experience.
When someone has a problem watching their favorite Netflix show, the data products we build, and teams we support, enable a great customer experience by getting members back to streaming, as soon as possible. We collect customer feedback over many channels (millions of data points via phone, chat and social media) in 25 different languages. This allows us to measure the effectiveness of different customer service strategies, to detect issues and proactively assist members with personalized support, and test different paths for members to most easily discover useful resources.
In this role, you will work collaboratively with a team of data engineers to build reliable, scalable data pipelines using Apache Spark/Flink. These pipelines will power analytic dashboards, custom viz applications (Snowflake, Druid, Elasticsearch), A/B experiments, feature generation for training production ML models, and NLP driven insights to better understand customer issues.
Who you are:
• You have a strong background in distributed data processing (Batch or Streaming)
• You have strong data modeling skills. You design structures that are adaptable to changes in the source data or business processes.
• You are a technical thought leader with a perspective on how to build great data products. You will adopt and help evolve our engineering best practices.
• You are proficient in at least one major programming language and are passionate about writing clean, supportable code.
• You are an advocate for data quality. You have a strong opinion on when data audits, unit tests, and documentation can be most effective.
• You have strong SQL skills
• You have strong communication skills to effectively partner with data scientists and engineering stakeholders.
• You are curious about the rapidly evolving technologies in this domain. You are eager to learn and master new tech when it can have a big impact on our team.
• You can relate to many of the aspects of the Netflix Culture and love to operate independently while collaborating and giving/receiving strong, candid feedback to your team members.