Morning Show Executive Producer
Little Rock, AR
KARK & KLRT-TV want an enthusiastic newsroom leader who will help elevate the quality of our shooting, editing, and overall video product. We are looking for a skilled storyteller who can train and coach our team of talented photojournalists and MMJ's. Applicants must demonstrate creativity, initiative, and a desire to try new things. The successful candidate must be a motivated team player with a great attitude and a willingness to cultivate a positive culture in our newsroom. We're looking for someone who has a good knowledge new technology (especially small tech) to help us continue to push the boundaries of video production and be an innovative leader in news across all broadcast and digital platforms.
This photojournalist will play a critical role in shooting and editing specials, franchise pieces, and sweeps stories. You must have a strong aversion to talking heads, shaky video, bad audio, wallpaper b-roll, and medium shots. Our Chief will be expected to trouble shoot, display grace under pressure, never miss slot, and ALWAYS lead by example!
Applicants must possess the ability to work well under pressure and collaborate with others. The ability to be a self-starter and to handle constant and last-minute changes is critical. Strong organizational, logistical skills and attention to detail are a must. Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends. May be required to work early morning hours, overnight hours, weekends, and holidays.
The Chief Photographer oversees the day to day operations of the Photography division and is responsible for the maintenance of all photography technology and equipment at the station.
• Manages all aspects of the Photography Department
• Plans and manages staffing, training, and performance evaluations for the photographers
• Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees
• Maintains all photography technology and equipment for the station
• Manages the photographer staff, including coaching and development
• Ensures the highest quality pictures and sound for ALL stories shot
• Contributes media content to our social and digital platforms
• The successful candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a television news photographer/editor.
• Works alone or with a reporter or anchor
• Assigns projects to staff and ensures that logistics and shot requirements meet established standards
• Performs photographer duties as required by business demands, including setting up, composing and executing video shots
• Operates live microwave and satellite trucks and TVU backpacks in remote situations
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
• Minimum five years' experience as a photographer in a television broadcasting environment, with at least three years' experience in a leadership role
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
• Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Strong PC/MS Office experience
• Experience with video recording equipment and camera technology
• Experience with satellite trucks
• Significant experience evaluating, selecting and operating video recording equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site