Production Facility Supervisor
London, United Kingdom
Over 25 years, Eurosport has established itself as a household name for live sports. Now, Discovery has re-energised Eurosport to connect fans and thletes around the sports they love. Delivering quality and live content first, Eurosport produces authentic, premium and innovative content, on linear and digital platforms.
It combines expertise, passion and resources to develop high-value programmes and offer unrivalled coverage to viewers in 99 countries, in 21 languages.
Having secured the exclusive European broadcast rights for the Olympics until 2024, there's no better time than now to join Eurosport on this incredible adventure!
The Planner, Sports Services will be part fo the wider Sports Services Team working closely with the Olympic Team but focusing mainly on non-Olympic sporting events including the Tennis Grandslams, Cycling and Winter Sports. This position reports to the Manager, Sports Services.
Immersed in a high energy, fast paced work environment, this position is required to interact with all levels of the organisation and be proactive in the operational support of Eurosport’s coverage of the Olympic Games and all other major sporting events. This role is a fixed term contract until August 2021
• Assist with the logistics planning & coordination, supporting the Manager, Sports Services & wider production team where required
• Contribute to the development & maintenance of the games management system – requirements, reporting & testing
• Create PO’s, manage invoice submission & track payment milestones to ensure timely vendor payments and contractual terms are met.
• Work with the team co-ordinator to manage the team corporate card & other spend; reconcile actuals and ensure Sports Services Team credit card is monitored and reconciled on a monthly basis
• Manage team calendar to track key deadlines & milestones
• Maintain positive working relationship with all suppliers to support Discovery Eurosport interest
• Assist with co-ordinating all non-sport related events (Production Workshops, venue surveys etc), including flights, hotel bookings, events space and any other logistics. Research and produce all logistics documentation.
• Assist with Olympic planning where required. This role will be home-based during the Olympic Games.
While this is a comprehensive assessment of the role, the duties of the Planner may from time to time be amended as dictated by business needs.
• Experience within the broadcast industry working on multi-sport events.
• Experience of working on large scale events with multiple attendees/crew.
• Experience of managing large inventories across multiple properties with varying facilities.
• Excellent organizational/administrative skills.
• Attention to detail essential.
• Adabtable and not affected by constant and unavoidable changes.
• The ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work under pressure, long hours and weekends when required.
• Excellent people and interpersonal skills.
• Wilingness to assist wherever required both in the build up and during major sporting events.
• Initiative, proactivity and motivation a must.
• Ability to communicate effectively in an international environment.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site