Manager, Content & Marketing Localization
Los Angeles, CA
In the role of our US YouTube Platform Manager, you will be a part of our Editorial & Publishing team and responsible for the platform growth strategy, publishing strategy and content ideation across our US YouTube channel. To be a successful creative and strategic thought leader, you will need to collaborate with our editorial creative development team, brand marketing team, and audience channels to understand each team's priorities when it comes to brand channel real estate and make recommendations that will help develop our audience and grow key metrics through innovative and targeted best practices and solutions. To be a creative programmer, you'll need to have a holistic vision around what our biggest YouTube channel should stand for and be a storyteller at heart. Excellent judgement, a strong voice, impeccable taste and an authentic love for the intersection of entertainment, pop culture and YouTube is needed to balance our audience interests with the needs of our business.
Creative Focus & Excellence
• As one of the biggest Netflix platforms, work with the creative team to develop brand defining formats with a strong hook, point of view and personality, using innovative approaches to format, structure and presentation of content
• Be experimental with content; take risks with what you're creating; be ambitious and original. Turn one-off hits into successful repeatable formats
• Strong producing partnership and understanding of the production workflows in order to bring great creative to life
High Level Strategy
• Lead, shape and implement the programming vision for the Netflix US YouTube Channel
• Cultivate cross-functional relationships (content, publicity, regional editorial managers, ops) to ensure you have the best information and the ability to gain traction on your strategies and ideas. A big idea isn't a big idea if you're doing it alone
• Build and manage annual editorial calendar and annual budget for US YouTube channel
• Provide directional strategy and collaborate with audience leads on how to build out a stable of channel managers for audience YouTube channels (e.g. Netflix Film Club, Futures, Netflix Jr) and work closely to mentor those roles as they are hired
• Work with our regional E&P managers around the world to scale YouTube efforts and content globally
Tactical Channel Management
• Use internal and external social analytics and other internal data to inform strategy and detect new and reactive opportunities
• Stay on top of trends, timely events, and upcoming title launches to seize on reactive opportunities for the audience
• Work with production partners (audience managers & title teams) to approve videos, build out an air date schedule, and make sure all projects are delivering on time and creatively sound
• Make sure the pipeline of new content is well maintained, and that archival content is effectively resurfaced
• Liaise with creative producers and creative development pod manager to assure all formats/shows/series on the YT programming plan are scheduled within our calendaring system (AirTable) and filmed within the timeframe necessary
• Manage clip based creative workflow
• Conduct regular health checks on current formats and make recommendations on distribution, positioning, and creative direction based on YouTube Analytics data as well as representation and inclusion and creative direction
• Ensure each video has complete and optimized components & work with the ops team to maintain a daily upload cadence across the channel. Basic video editing experience in Premiere or equivalent tool is preferred.
• Write/design or optimize metadata and thumbnails on videos as needed. Basic Photoshop experience is required.
• Monitor daily performance on a video, format, title, and channel level - flagging noteworthy indicators and suggesting optimization pivots based on initial data
• Work with the Marketing Strategy and Operations team to establish reporting and benchmarks
The ideal candidate is/has....
• Excellent track record building digital publishing platforms, growing audience, overseeing creative execution, developing brand appropriate programming while achieving sustained digital and critical success
• An exceptional storyteller and an experienced creative with a proven track record of creating content that gets written, shared, and talked about
• Expert level knowledge around muli-channel distribution and deep knowledge of all stages of the production and distribution process
• Excellent understanding of YouTube analytics with a successful track record of exceeding quantitative and qualitative audience measurement goals
• Experience using data and intuition to make content that grabs attention and engages its audience. Solid understanding of marketing and social media analytics (e.g. Tubular, VidIQ, Youtube Analytics) you can apply a data-centric approach to the testing and optimization of content
• Entrepreneurial and innovative spirit, willing to take data informed risks
• Must be able to prioritize and handle several projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment while adhering to shifting deadlines
• A creative visionary. A risk-taker. You are able to see the big picture and be the master curator of an online media channel. You are constantly looking for new ways to delight and inspire audiences
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working directly with talent and talent representation, in meetings and on shoots/sets. Skilled in pitching/ presenting with the ability to read the room
• High tolerance for change, and the capacity to accomplish enormous amounts of work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Respect and understanding for Netflix culture - no brilliant jerks
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site