Sinclair Broadcast Group
Cockeysville, MD US
Sinclair has an exciting opportunity for a mid– level Software Developer. We are searching for a creative individual. The Software Developer responsibilities will include developing new applications for various business departments, maintaining and enhancing applications and creating and maintaining complex integrations.
The enterprise systems that the position will be exposed to range from large ERP databases and highly transactional sales systems to data warehousing and reporting systems, each with many integrations and dependencies. These systems support both our business and media operations and service thousands of internal and external customers.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a corporate development environment and should have experience with web-based software development as well as writing their own basic SQL queries to support their application.
• 3-6 years of experience in software development, application design and application integration.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent experience.
• Experience with the following technologies are required:
• SOAP/REST and XML/JSON technologies
• Microsoft .NET C# experience
• HTML5. CSS3
• Knowledge of front-end frameworks/libraries such as React, Angular, and/or Bootstrap.
• Database skills including SQL, data modeling, and databases (e.g. MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle)
• Having experience with any of the following technologies would support your success:
• Linux/Unix skills a plus
• Messaging skills including JMS (e.g. ActiveMQ, MQSeries, OracleAQ)
• Azure experience
• Docker experience
• General knowledge of common business systems (CRM, SFA, ERP) and processes (lead to cash, requisitions, order management, etc.)
• Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code
• Practical experience implementing services-oriented architecture design and enabling technologies including messaging, XML, JSON, web services, and HTTP.
• Experience with Cloud and Software-as-a-Service paradigm and enabling technologies.
• General knowledge of key application infrastructure components such as VMware, storage (NAS, SAN, SMB), Java JVM, networking (firewall, load balancing, proxies).
• Experience maintaining code with version control, preferably Git.
• Experience with Continuous Integrations and Continuous Delivery for enterprise applications
• Ability to articulate technical concepts and considerations to audiences from developers to executives.
• Complete understanding of the software development life cycle, and experience developing to timelines.
• Excellent analytical and procedural thinking skills.
• Quick to embrace new technologies and able to self-teach.
• Experience mentoring junior developers is a plus.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!