Corporate Finance Staff Accountant
Warner Music Group
Nashville, TN US
Manager, Process Transformation (Procure to Pay (PTP)
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A little bit about our team:
The Fully Implemented Transformation (FIT) team is a group of professionals across the WMG organization brought together to re-imagine our processes and systems to establish more standardized and efficient ways of working that will drive WMG's growth and business aspirations.
Why this could be your next big break:
The PTP Process Lead holds a global remit and is responsible for supporting defining the future state PTP processes and the measures that are aligned with the org. strategies, country specific knowledge and requirements. The process lead will strive to capture opportunities, reviewing existing and best practice workflow, tools and data. The role moves through design, architect, implementation, go-live and the steady state with an ongoing focus on continuous improvement and integration of finance process into the overall WMG landscape.
Here you'll get to:
• This role reports to the Senior Director Process Transformation (PTP).
• Support the transformation team by leading cross-functional and virtual teams in the review, design, development and implementation of global processes and procedures. Including invoice processing, operational procurement, vendor onboarding, disbursements, service desk, controls, reporting.
• Coordinate process meetings with internal change agents and 3rd party vendors through design, implementation and go-live.
• Leverage PTP and industry process and systems knowledge/experience to implement standardization of global, regional and/or local processes, challenging the status quo whilst taking input from SMRs and program partners to understand required localizations.
• Work with outside partners to build an internal and external facing service offering ticketing system.
• Track the design, documentation and ongoing socialization of processes.
• Obtain buy-in to the Finance Transformation from key WMG stakeholders across the globe by credibly communicating deep operating process and systems knowledge and an appreciation of the impact at a local level.
• Attend and/or present in update meetings as required for key decision/issue/risk points.
• Collaborate with individuals across a spectrum of the business to ensure Policy / Process / Procedure / System decisions take account of territory variances and business needs.
• Partner with IT to identify integration points between existing systems and processes.
• Partner with people and change management resources to develop job aids, communications and training approaches to embed new ways of working and systems training for the PTP area.
• Represent the PTP Business Process at individual Fit/Gap sessions in markets to ensure all business requirements are considered and documented. At the same time challenge any customization requests and progress via governance model in place.
• Updates relevant PTP documentation based on changes to global template (including process design docs, user Guides, training materials).
• Responsible for the resolution/review of PTP issues, risks and business impacts for the owned process.
• Act as a spokesperson across the WMG organization for the benefits delivered by the FIT Project.
• Understanding of vendor master data categorization, vendor optimization, No PO No pay policy, payment terms rationalization, PTP SLA's and KPI's.
• Willingness to travel within Europe, North America, South America and Asia as required when the project rolls out.
• 5+ years experience focusing on PTP operational management, or PTP change projects.
• A passionate PTP person excited by the prospect of redesigning the way a company works in their specialty.
• Extensive experience of SAP accounts payable, SAP Ariba, SAP S4 HANA, OCR, service desk ticketing tools.
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in either Business, Finance, Business Information Systems, Management Science or the appropriate experience may also be considered.
• Strong Finance process and systems knowledge, preferably within a music industry context.
• Experience of working with remote teams across multiple locations.
• Facilitative style, with prior experience of leading workshops and engaging stakeholders through a series of approaches that require a targeted level of consensus.
• Relevant operational PTP experience leading accounts payable, vendor maintenance, procurement/purchase ordering, disbursements, controls, reporting.
• Technically savvy with a robust change management skillset.
• Exemplary partner engagement and management skills internationally and within complex, multi-faceted organizations.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to perform complex analysis and reconciliations.
• Ability to develop, articulate and build support around a long term vision and implement incremental achievements in support of that vision.
• Great teammate who can cooperate/collaborate with varied change agents to effectively implement the transformation initiatives.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• PTP operational leadership experience through business transformation.
• Finance transformational experience using SAP.
• Media or entertainment experience preferred.
Why join us?
Here at Warner Music Group we're all about our people. We are one global company made up exclusively of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music - at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing a philosophy of innovation – it's part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.