Hard Surface Modeler
London, EN GB
Specialist, Studio Security (London)
Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
We are seeking a Studio Security Operations Specialist to support our growing Worldwide Studio Security and Studio Operations teams. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day security operations at MLA facilities in the UK, and across EMEA, as requested.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all studio security operations at Shepperton, Uxbridge and Langley and will support other studio facilities across EMEA, as requested by the Regional Security Manager. This will include vendor management, liaising directly with third party productions, along with members of the Netflix Production and Studio Operations team. Reporting directly to the Regional Security Manager, the successful candidate must be able to pivot to support other areas of the security team, often at short notice.
The successful candidate will be passionate, self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and communication.
• Managing the day to day security operations (production offices/stages) at Netflix studio locations across the UK, or as requested by the Regional Security Manager.
• Drive multiple security projects effectively including the management of key performance indicators, vendor management and quality control. This will often include liaising with other members of the Safety and Security team to ensure alignment on new projects.
• Develop key relationships with Netflix Studio Operations team, the landlord and third-party security vendors, ensuring cohesion across the site's security and safety functions.
• Develop bespoke training packages in support of existing guard force, production security and production staff.
• Development of Netflix assignment instructions, site incident management procedures and trackers for move-in/move-outs.
• When requested and in support of the wider Studio Security team, liaise with individual productions, unit production managers and other creatives to ensure all productions have a commensurate level of security support.
• Provide additional support to productions, including deploying third-party Security Coordinators, upon request.
• Support and liaise with the safety team to ensure the MLA standard is maintained across all facilities.
• Ensuring effective communication and reporting to the Regional Security Manager and work towards the standards set by the wider safety and security team.
• 5+ years experience in production security, entertainment and operational management.
• Be a market leader in production security, having worked on a number of productions from Pre-production, principle photography to wrap. A detailed understanding of the production landscape is essential.
• Environmental health & safety certifications (preferred but not required)
• Bachelor's degree required (or higher), relevant certifications (ex. CPP) a plus
• General understanding of security systems (cameras, card readers, radios, etc.)
• A team player with an ability to supervise several projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Access to high-quality vendors, production support staff contacts.
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent manner.
• Ability to be discreet and handle confidential information.
• Proficiency in Google Docs, Sheets, Gmail, Gdrive, MS Word, Excel. Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly.
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production processes and equipment and studios.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Willingness to take educated risks and think out of the box.