Social Media Associate
Burbank, CA US
HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling.
WarnerMedia's new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries.
We won't chase the market, we will define it. We will bring audiences a product that doesn't exist today. We will do it because no other company can deliver our brands to consumers the way we can. We have the passion, the commitment and the support to be the best. Join our HBO Max team and show us your best.
As the Senior Manager, Editorial Strategy for HBO Max, you will have a natural passion for entertainment and a proven track record of merchandising content with diverse perspectives in storytelling. The ideal candidate will have expertise in creating and leading the strategy for on channel campaigns that reach diverse audiences in authentic ways, and a keen editorial sensibility. You will have an understanding of the video streaming industry and competitive landscape with a primary focus on driving engagement metrics and lifetimes through content curation and promotion among HBO Max's multicultural audiences. In addition, you are expert in content strategy, editorial workflows, and campaign development.
• Evolve and execute the editorial vision to drive growth and engagement for HBO Max's multicultural audience, while responding to cultural and consumer trends & needs as well as business inputs.
• Develop creative and strategic ways to elevate culturally and socially relevant content with the goal of extending consumer lifetimes and fostering deeper, more meaningful engagement among the vast and steadily growing U.S. multicultural market segments.
• Act as the internal liaison to all multi-cultural efforts on behalf of Editorial Strategy, and circulate key information to support in-app initiatives such as new Brand hubs and campaigns
• Using data-informed decisioning, evolve merchandising strategy and be the keeper of key learnings about content performance for titles related to multicultural initiatives
• Contribute to the data-driven strategy of scalable targeting, ensuring audience segments see the right content at the right time.
• Work closely with Editorial Team Leads, Content, Publishing and Product counterparts to ensure schedules are delivered on time and to specification.
• Represent Editorial externally, interfacing with Brands, Legal, Marketing and additional teams as needed.
• Verify and ensure that all Editorial output upholds the HBO Max Brand voice and tone and is in adherence to our Product strategy
• Bachelor's degree and/or relevant experience; MBA a plus.
• 7+ years' experience in digital editorial products specific to user engagement and streaming or related experience at an entertainment media company leading significant cross-organizational projects.
• Prior experience and success in multicultural initiatives, campaigns or services required.
• Extensive experience in content editorial, preferably in streaming, across all devices and operating systems.
• Experience in leveraging data to perform customer analyses, measure and optimize initiatives and programs.
• Knowledge of competitive landscape including SVOD and OTT services as well as deep knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS) and Editorial.
• Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels; exceptional verbal and written communication skills and strong presentations skills a must.
• Detail oriented, organized, adept at prioritizing tasks, able to effectively delegate appropriate responsibilities to editors and managers.
• Possesses a seasoned creative taste and strong instinct for stories and experiences that will capture consumers.
• Ability to use internal and external social analytics and other internal data to inform strategy and detect new opportunities.
• Actively engage in strategic conversations with social insights and community perspectives.
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
• Effective strategic thinker and tactical executor.
• Familiar with editorial systems: Libby, Airtable and additional publishing tools.
• Short-form video and experience working with product teams is a plus.
• Understanding of the consumer lifecycle within the current competitive SVOD landscape.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands