Master Control Operator
Arlington, VA US
ABC7-DC is looking for a Broadcast Engineer! This individual will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting. This includes server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, MPEG encoders, decoders, automation, news room computer systems, data networks, and broadcast transmission equipment.
In addition, job responsibilities will include…
• Maintain and repair transmitters (AM, FM, TV, Microwave, Fiber, satellite, etc.), receivers, cameras, switchers, graphic systems, audio equipment, video tape systems, routers, automation/editing systems, intercoms, two-way radios, monitors and display systems
• Provide budget information to support the implementation of new systems
• Provide technical support to operational users
• Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on technical issues as required
• Provide specific engineering signal flow diagrams for CAD documentation on all work performed on technical systems
• Perform all technical work to engineering standards and practices
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
• Minimum of 5 years' broadcast experience
• Solid understanding of core hardware, computer systems, and electrical systems
• Experience working with microwaves, transmitters and satellites is preferred
• Self-motivated and the ability to work efficiently without direct supervision
• Confidence in troubleshooting problems and effectively communicating solutions to internal and external customers
• Ability to read and understand technical materials
• Hold a valid driver's license
• Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours, weekends, and evenings
• Ability to work on ladders, stand for long periods of time, and lift computers or equipment up to 50 lbs.
• Associates degree or higher in electronics or a related field is preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site