Web Content Specialist
Universal City, CA US
The Systems Administrator position within Content Security Technical Operations is responsible for technical implementation and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems. The ability to think strategically, visualize system relationships and drive multiple projects to successful completion is paramount to this position. This position works with minimum supervision to customize and maintain a multi-platform system configuration, ensuring efficiency and security.
• Recommends and forecasts needed tooling and architecture changes.
• Provide local site administration of IT infrastructure: Servers, Networking, and Storage systems.
• Be available off hours for scheduled system maintenance and emergencies.
• Work proactively to determine potential issues existing in the environment. Apply performance-tuning techniques where applicable.
• Manage and maintain configuration management (SaltStack).
• Manage and maintain queuing system (RabbitMQ)
• Manage and maintain databases (Postgres and Elasticsearch).
• Bachelor's degree in Computer or Information Science or equivalent experience.
• In-depth knowledge of SaltStack, RabbitMQ, Postgres and Elasticsearch.
• Junior level understanding of Linux administration and configuration required
• Must understand and communicate system concepts to end users and technical teams
• Have considerable knowledge of security concepts and industry best practices; Scripting knowledge.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
• Able to develop alternative solutions and think with a creative mindset
• Works well in group-problem solving situations
• Develops plans that best satisfy both business and technical requirements
• Able to communicate written and orally in a clear and informed manner
• Produces and maintains documentation for systems and services
• Ability to interact effectively with others on varying technical competency, vendors, management and staff
• Strong presentation skills
• Able to adapt to changes in the work environment
• Prioritizes and plans work activities
• Able to set goals and objectives and develops realistic action plans
• Operates across multiple projects concurrently and assumes responsibility for implementation of projects
• Completes tasks in a timely fashion
• Able to respond to management direction