Originals Publicity Manager
Berlin, BE DE
With hundreds of original TV shows, films, documentaries, and more produced for all kinds of tastes and all kinds of moods, we need our owned social channels to promote Netflix in more ways, talking about more titles, to more people in more places than ever before.
You will be part of a team of storytellers, editors, producers, and writers who are huge fans of entertainment. Our mission is to build the most influential entertainment media and publishing network that brings joy to Netflix fans all around the world.
We want to make content that is as entertaining off Netflix as it is on Netflix. To make content that brings communities together over shared passions. Content that helps our fans discover new shows, movies, and talent, or fall more deeply in love with something they've already seen.
In this position, you will be leading Netflix social handles in our DACH markets (Austria, Germany, and Switzerland), including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, as well as the responsible for collateral projects (i.e. podcasts or messengers). You will be reporting directly and partnering closely with the Editor-in-Chief DACH.
We are looking for a seasoned manager capable of balancing what our community wants to talk about with what our business needs. Equal parts brand strategy, audience development, platform, and content strategy, we need someone who can help us find the right people and talk to them in the right way about the right things in the right places.
While we value being hands-on and love people who can fire off the perfect tweet, this is not a community management role. This is a strategic position that will be mostly responsible for directing a team of best-in-class writers and creatives on both short and long lead projects.
• Oversee the daily output for Netflix DACH social media channels, with a focus on local audience development.
• Advance Netflix DACH long-term strategies for distinct social platforms, working closely with the Editor-In-chief
• Plan detailed editorial campaigns around Netflix titles together with marketing, publicity, and partner marketing teams.
• Create or leverage on the existing marketing and PR assets.
• Develop distinctive, platform-specific editorial formats, working alongside an in-house team of Editorial Creatives
• Manage a pool of freelance writers and video editors
• Find innovative ways to talk about Netflix content, arming fans with extra detail that deepens their enjoyment
• Stay on top of social media trends, news, and other timely events to seize on reactive opportunities. Monitor, and react to, search trends and social conversation around Netflix titles.
• Minimum 5 years of editorial experience in digital, print and ideally video formats
• Hands-on experience and deep understanding of multiple social media platforms such as YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and not only
• Extensive working experience in DACH markets and understanding of German pop culture
• Proficiency and strong communication skills in German and English are required for this role
• Solid grasp of analytics and social listening tools. We don't let data determine our actions but we do rely on it to inform our intuition. You don't need to be a pivot table genius to work here but you do need to be able to ask the right questions
• Passion and deep knowledge of content, TV, and film is a must
The ideal candidate will have a natural passion for entertainment, a deep understanding of internet culture, and a knack for spotting and shepherding great storytelling and Interest to work in our culture.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site