Senior Data Engineer, Customer Experience
Los Gatos, CA US
Netflix has a unique and creative culture that guides us to do things differently. This helps keep engineering velocity high, but also means that our security team needs to operate differently than a traditional security team. The two aspects of the Netflix culture that most affect how the security team operates are ''Freedom and Responsibility'' and ''Context not Control''. Employees have tremendous freedom in their work, along with the corresponding responsibility to do the right thing for Netflix. Instead of controlling engineers with process and security gates, we enable them to build secure code and provide them with adequate security context to make the right decisions for Netflix. The Application Security team runs the engineering facing partnership program to help secure applications, compute and data platforms that run the Netflix business and the streaming product. The goal of the partnership program is to reduce risk in our engineering ecosystem through strategic security initiatives in high-risk/high-leverage areas.
We are looking for a systems security engineer to join the Appsec partnership team to work closely with engineering teams building infrastructure solutions for streaming and studio use cases. Some examples include Netflix's global CDN, virtual workstations for Netflix Studio needs, and other emerging areas of Netflix infrastructure. You will partner closely with these engineering teams and other security functions to help build a consolidated, risk-prioritized view of security improvements. You will also leverage your security skills to support the Netflix bug bounty program, participate in our product security incident response efforts and other operational appsec responsibilities.
• You have an understanding of systemic security challenges for platform and infrastructure-as-a-service offerings along with some cloud infrastructure experience.
• You have experience with threat modeling, security design reviews, and security architecture.
• You have experience partnering with cross-functional teams to deliver widely impactful security initiatives.
• You demonstrate excellent judgement in prioritizing security efforts to mitigate the appropriate risks
• You are a strong communicator and are able to translate security objectives to engineering team asks.
Finally, here's a few reasons why we love this work and think that you will too:
• You would have the opportunity to facilitate big impact security work for the Netflix engineering ecosystem.
• You would work with an industry leading security team with many opportunities to improve existing projects and identify new ones.
• You would have the opportunity to research new ideas and share your ideas across the community.
• You would work closely with domain experts in diverse areas such as microservices architecture, big data, compute platforms and content delivery networks.
We are looking for thoughtful security professionals who enable our mission and support our culture of freedom and responsibility. You can learn more about life at Netflix by watching our security talks or exploring our open source work.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site