Software Developer - Backend
PIA team provides all data infrastructure to Content Discovery services, including content metadata and user behavior data etc. PIA is also responsible for Discovery metrics definition, development, analysis, including Discovery A/B test metrics result. The PIA TPM will steward the work of cross-functional teams that make all this possible from the planning, through implementation, execution and ongoing support. As the voice of the team’s work to multiple partners, including executives, you will be on the front lines. You’ll need to be proficient in both technology and project management standard methodologies.
In this role, you are encouraged to work with various partners like Product, Marketing-Operations and Engineering Teams to coordinate cross-team initiatives that deliver on Hulu’s business goals and objectives. You are also the steward of health and efficiency for the PIA development team. You ensure that critical information is shared optimal and efficiently with Beijing and US teams and partners.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will have the opportunity to work on the most interesting and exciting projects! Serve as the primary liaison leading cross team projects to define and clarify program scope, functional requirements, priorities, team results, dependencies, time frames, build & guide the team backlog, sequence & schedule, call out and facilitate risk mitigation and provide transparency for project status.
• Collaborate with multi-functional teams across Hulu to launch new products and features
• Build complete project plans for end-to-end delivery with appropriate documentation
• Partner with technical program managers to manage development project and ensure program status is communicated and issues are called out for mitigation appropriately
• Act as main communication liaison among teams
• Facilitate review of upcoming projects to ensure resources are planned for supporting the roadmap of initiatives
• Partner with engineers to resource plan and deftly release products
• Facilitate various meetings including project status and executive reviews, and coordinate meetings to push a project forward when discussions and decisions are needed
• Facilitate and support the dev team’s agile ceremonies to ensure a healthy, informed backlog and sprint-to-sprint delivery
WHAT TO BRING
• Proven track record in project/program or product management within a technical setting
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
• A teammate demeanor with excellent integrity and a bias towards action
• Strong, flexible communication to interface across all levels, from upper management, cross-company engineering teams and business partners
• Experience in presenting to users, operations, product and development teams to collect requirements
• Excellent capability to communicate well with teams in US offices