Sr. Mgr., Business Operations
The Walt Disney Company's Disney Media Distribution (DMD) group is the part of The Walt Disney Company that sells and licenses Disney owned content to consumers and distribution partners around the globe. This includes the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits such as ESPN+, Disney+, Hulu and third party distribution parties such as Netflix, You Tube, etc.
This is a 18 month Project Staff position with benefits
Describe what the person will do in the role - how he/she will impact the organization.
The analyst will be part of the team that is directly responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely availability of content (long form feature films, Disney+ originals, episodic content, promos, bonus, interstitials, etc.) for Disney+ in the international territories.
Partnering with the US and with each local Disney+ Programming team, the individual determines the accurate availability of content, respecting complex holdbacks and restrictions stemming from existing licenses, underlying rights and or music issues, various MVPD/BDU restrictions, centralized overall strategy, availability of assets, etc.Working with the linear channels and with third party licenses, the analyst is also responsible for the accurate availability calculation for Disney+ of episodic content for that territory.
In addition, the candidate will also support deal making for the sales of TWDC content in the US and Canada. More specifically, this person will provide day-to-day support of TWDC's content sales activities with select accounts by ensuring robust deal analysis and content valuation.
• Perform complex deal analysis for a portfolio of US and Canadian clients: This role requires experience in financial and contractual analysis to support deal making in real-time. From initial offers, through various counters, the candidate will analyze value, identify optional scenarios, flag risks.
• Manage the availabilities and license of all content to Disney+:In conjunction with the team analysis team, works with territories, and in collaboration with the overall Disney+ Programming Strategy team, provides accurate availabilities of content, including calculating start and end dates based on complex holdback rules, airdates, and windowing strategy. This role requires the ability to digest complex, pan regional licenses, and to arbitrate across multiple teams where territories are shared.
• Actively manage the Disney+ license for a specific set of territories:This role is responsible for sending accurate license information to DSS (at the media, territory, language level) and capture the transfer pricing to feed to Accounting. The individual is also responsible for sending holdbacks back to our various licensing systems to ensure exclusivity is applied per Senior Management guidelines.
• A minimum of 1 year of experience in the media & entertainment industry (inclusive of internships)
• Experience with financial modeling, financial analysis, advanced Excel skills and experience with analyzing large amounts of data
• Exposure to contracts, contract briefs, and legal documents.
• Bachelor's Degree
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
Disney Content Sales LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.