Software Development Engineer
New York, NY
Discovery Digital Media covers a wide array of vertical platforms, including TV Everywhere, OTT, and VOD. Our Digital Analytics team plays an integral role in delivering insights to inform all Digital product and strategy decisions that Discovery takes. Our team is growing quickly, and we’re looking for a seasoned Sr. Product Data Analyst that will leverage testing tools to ensure product quality on our growing Digital platforms.
• Create & perform testing on mobile apps and connected devices for analytics tracking and product performance
• Review log files to uncover bugs or product quality issues
• Monitor engagement data and product quality metrics to identify data anomaly and participate in investigation
• Work with product and developers to fix bugs
• Ensure data quality in different systems
• Perform analysis after product launches
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
• Minimum 5 years of experience in manual and automated web, mobile and connected device application testing
• Ability to create test cases, capture meaningful logs, review test results, report/document technical issue, and work with developers to help troubleshoot.
• Video player knowledge required.
• Understanding of video and product quality metrics such as video start time, EBVS, etc.
• Proficiency with Debugging Proxy tools: Charles, Fiddler or Wireshark
• Comfortable with command line use (terminal).
• Proficiency with Product quality apps such as Conviva
• Knowledge with Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
• Familiar with app distribution platforms: TestFlight and HockeyApp
• Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• Comfortable and effective in working in a dynamic and past-paced environment, with the ability to be flexible
• Must have legal right to work in the United States
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site