Technology Deployment Specialist
Los Angeles, CA
Infrastructure Network Engineering
Netflix has been changing the way people watch shows and movies. We strive to deliver a great Netflix viewing experience in over 190 countries so our customers can watch whatever, whenever, interruption free. Join us to help Netflix grow into the world's leading producer of premium content. Our Infrastructure Network Engineering team designs, builds and operates networks to connect our internal users, creatives, production teams and partners around the world. We are looking for an experienced Senior Network Engineer that can bring a broad set of technical skills and experience to the team to support our expansion across offices, studios, and locations across the globe.
• Work with team members to design, deploy, and operate infrastructure globally
• Work with internal and external partners, carriers, facility operators and our hardware vendors to design and operate the network (circuit, cross connect, hardware deployment and TAC case management)
• Act as a liaison to collaborate and partner with members of the Open Connect team to implement and support wide area network connectivity while providing constructive feedback
• Work cross-functionally with internal teams and vendors to manage our continued growth globally, with a strong focus on maintaining a high level of availability for our users
• Collaborate with network tools team to develop a high level of automation for day-to-day activities.
• Execute deliverables on Operations, Deployment, and Engineering projects, including coding/automation efforts
• Perform scheduled configuration changes to network switches and routers, firewalls and wireless devices.
• Identify network issues and determine and recommend appropriate solutions.
• Participate in rotating ''on call'' schedule
• Partner with Architecture teams for new product introduction and various network projects
• At least 7 years of relevant professional experience
• Expert level at implementing and supporting large scale multi-vendor networks (Arista, Cisco, Juniper)
• Strong understanding of IP routing, particularly BGP, ISIS and OSPF
• Strong knowledge of wireless networking design and deployment, strong familiarity with Aruba and Mist.
• Strong experience with network change-management control policies, and LAN and WAN troubleshooting skills and an understanding of network security best practices
• Familiar with partner relationships, including a deep understanding of how networks interconnect and how to manage vendors providing services
• Comfortable with QoS and VXLAN technologies
• Comfortable with automation; our scale is going to require a lot of it, we use some CLI and work with both internal and open-source tools
• Strong familiarity in coding and automation skills.
• Self organize, drive cross-functional projects with our partners in Open Connect, Tech Ops, AV tech, studio and corporate real estate
• See a problem or opportunity, take ownership and act on it independently
• Collaborate and manage efforts with peers and teams across responsibility areas, languages, geography and time zones
• Be a self-starter, curious and not afraid to ask when in doubt
• Generate quality documentation on network issues, updates, troubleshooting techniques and network analysis including diagrams/templates. Exercise consistent rigor in maintaining documentation.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site