106.5 The Wolf On-Air Talent
Kansas City, KS US
Entercom Kansas City is looking for a Director of Traffic Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Manage and supervise department workflow and staff.
• Recruit, train and develop department personnel.
• Schedule commercials and work on logs.
• Approve and process contracts in the computer.
• Work with sales managers to prioritize spots in oversold situations and communicate with account executives to accommodate spots and make sure that the spots are followed through.
• Create and make available to account executives tools for managing live copy and proper order entry.
• Generate reports to allow collaboration with sales managers to evaluate and better manage stations inventory & revenue (oversold, features oversold, projection, front-load).
• Manage a variety of commercial logs without hesitation despite format differences.
• Proactively communicate with Sales Management to alerting them of potential oversold weeks or problems.
• Work aggressively with salespeople to better service clients.
• Manage preemptions and make-goods.
• Provide sales and pacing projections.
• Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
5-7 years of related traffic manager experience is required. Prior management experience and superior organizational and communication skills are required as is the ability to effectively manage staff and meet deadlines. Must be flexible and have the ability to work with constantly changing environments; must have extensive working knowledge of programming structures and formats on multiple levels. Prior computer experience, including Microsoft Office is required. 4 year college degree preferred. Must have a valid driver's license and, if a personal vehicle is required, insurance.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, use hands, reach with hands/ arms and manipulate a computer keyboard. May occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Job requires a majority of work day to be spent sitting and typing at computers.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
First/Mid Level Officials and Managers