Senior Marketing Manager
Burbank, CA US
Our Marketing, Distribution & Operations team within the CBS Digital Media group is charged with distribution and monetization of premium CBS content across the spectrum of digital partnerships and business models. These include our direct-to-consumer subscription service CBS All Access, ad-supported streaming across our CBS digital properties and CBS Audience Network partner sites such as YouTube, MSN and Yahoo, transactional digital storefronts such as iTunes and Amazon as well as digital MVPD products and partnerships.
We are a diverse and agile group that works in an exciting and fast-paced environment, working cross-functionally across different departments and partnering with multiple technology/distribution partners to ensure that we deliver CBS content to consumers, however and wherever they want to consume it.
The Senior Marketing Manager, Media Strategy helps plan and execute full funnel marketing campaigns to drive awareness and growth of the CBS All Access subscription service
Typical day-today functions for this role to include:
• Work with cross-functional teams to strategize and execute marketing campaigns to drive awareness of CBS All Access via digital marketing channels including Direct Display, Paid Social, Paid Search, Paid Display, Paid affiliate and App Install channels.
• Partner with internal and external media team to plan and optimize upper funnel marketing spend across digital media channels and initiatives to ensure marketing goals are met
• Analyze media tests and make recommendations for future testing/optimization across paid channels (testing marketing variables including offer, copy/messaging, targeting and segmentation, and creative).
• Perform post-campaign analysis of marketing campaigns to improve strategy
• Be a champion for following design standards and web best practices to ensure high online engagement with our creative through the purchase flow, from the up-front marketing, landing page, order form, thank you page and confirmation page.
• Advocate for data-driven decision making leveraging multiple data sources from tech stack, external partners and internal resources
• Liaise with media channel owners, creative team, platform/vendor partners and key marketing stakeholders to implement best practices across paid media tactics using CBSi first and third party data to inform decisions while staying true to the CBS brand
• Analyze KPIs on an ongoing basis to ensure that campaigns are maximizing return on ad spend - focus on media channels that deliver strong awareness and consideration to subscribe to the service
• Work across teams to understand & map out customer journeys and media touchpoints across devices and platforms.
• Help manage the upper funnel marketing budget and expenses forecasting
• Seek and develop innovative testing ideas and strategies that leverage identified opportunities as well as changes in technology and consumer behavior.
What you bring to the team:
• Bachelor's degree
• Direct marketing experience required, minimum of 3+ years digital marketing experience
• Experience driving paid revenue from a subscription product highly preferred, specifically online subscription experience highly desirable
• Track record for successfully driving digital audience/customer growth and revenue through paid media on both desktop and within mobile apps
• Strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities, particularly in customer segmentation and modeling
• Strong project management and interpersonal skills, with ability to take initiative in a challenging, fast-paced environment of multiple priorities.
You may also have:
• MBA a plus
• Experience with multi-touch attribution
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Self-motivated and results oriented with a high regard for attention to detail