Sr. Manager, Social Media Marketing
Burbank, CA US
The Manager, Editorial Strategy - Kids and Family will assist in developing and implementing the editorial strategy and vision for the HBO Max platform and the strategy across Warner Media Entertainment. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying, evaluating, and executing a highly engaging editorial experience for consumers that combines WarnerMedia brands into one HBO Max voice, delighting users through engagement and discovery. You will collaborate closely with Content, Marketing, Publishing, Product and other teams to develop strategies that drive continued user engagement and increase customer lifecycle value (CLV). You will also work closely with the Publishing team to ensure content is delivered accurately and on time.
• Ability to effectively influence and contribute to the editorial vision and strategy for the product, driving growth, and engagement within the kids and family genre.
• Editorial responsibilities include content curation, planning and prioritization, copy and imagery for originals, liaison with sub-brands, and ensuring Editorial Calendar deadlines are met.
• Ensure editorial content aligns with the HBO Max product, brand, and content strategies while partnering closely with teams across the organization including Brand Marketing, Originals Marketing, Content, etc.
• Monitor rollouts, industry standards, and changes, along with product improvements.
• Assist publishing counterparts to ensure schedules are delivered on time and to specification.
• Support Editorial externally, interfacing with Brand, Content, Publishing, Legal, and additional teams as needed.
• Develop, research, and analyze new strategies to increase content consumption and drive interest.
• Establish a deep understanding of HBO Max's kids and family users to inform audience-first, data-driven segmentation strategies that drive KPIs including increasing streaming hours and CLV.
• Provide insights and analyses to drive the development of KPIs, evaluation, and recommendations, as well as partnering with the data analytics team to understand how our audience engages with content, their behaviors including user/audience perceptions, motivations, and usability testing.
• Ability to effectively communicate the process or results of your analyses cross-functionally.
• Identify and apply competitive and industry key learnings and trends.
• Work within Growth Marketing to increase user engagement and its impact on product.
• 6 years of experience in digital editorial products specific to user engagement and streaming or related experience at an entertainment media company.
• Minimum of 2-3 years of focused experience with kids and family programming.
• An understanding of kids and family programming, as well as the ability to strategically market editorial content geared towards this audience.
• Prior experience and success in setting the strategic context and helping develop creatives.
• Robust experience in content editorial, preferably in streaming, across all devices and operating systems.
• Strong knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS) and Editorial. Familiarity with editorial systems Libby and Airtable advantageous.
• Knowledge of the Kids competitive landscape including SVOD and OTT services.
• Detail-oriented, organized, and adept at prioritizing tasks.
• Ability to actively engage in strategic conversations with social insights and community perspectives.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-motivated and accountable with executive-level presence.
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities; candidates must be able to create their own direction yet balance cross-functional teams' needs, reacting quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
The Nice to Haves
• Has a natural passion for kids and family entertainment, an understanding of kid developmental stages, and a knack for spotting and steering great storytelling in the digital space.
• Effectively responds to cultural and consumer trends, as well as shifts in our business needs.
• Possesses a deep understanding of the video streaming industry as well as the data-driven personalization space and is a champion for the consumer.
• Executes against a vision via small, medium, and long-term projects.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands