Technology Deployment Specialist
Los Angeles, CA
Netflix is a pioneer in the entertainment industry, merging the creativity of Hollywood with the technical innovation of Silicon Valley. Netflix currently serves over 180 million subscribers in more than 190 countries around the world and spent $15 billion on television, films, documentaries and other entertainment content in 2019 alone.
As Netflix continues to grow - we are leveraging the unique position we have as both a content distributor and producer to create cutting-edge data driven insights supporting a variety of decisions about the content we make and buy.
Our team builds and maintains analytics and reporting tools for our Content and Marketing teams. We're looking for a senior visualization engineer to own the user experience and data visualization for some of our most used reports and tools. You'd be creating and iterating on interactive dashboards that surface critical insights to all of our creative and business stakeholders.
• Self-directed. You enjoy owning your own projects and working with product managers and stakeholders to come to creative solutions to our users' problems.
• Passionate about making data useful to a wide variety of users. You enjoy the challenge of making complex data intuitive to a broad audience. You welcome user feedback, and use that information to iterate on your tools.
• Experienced in designing, building, and iterating on interfaces, with a strong sense of the entire user experience, not just the individual pieces.
• Experience working with data from a variety of sources, including API endpoints and relational databases is a major plus.
• Motivated to explore new technologies, and comfortable with self-directed learning.
You can expect to:
• Work on some of the most used internal tools at Netflix, bringing together multiple data sources, metrics and predictive analytics to keep our content and marketing teams informed about how our catalog is performing.
• Work with both creative and business stakeholders to rapidly iterate on your initial designs based on user research and feedback.
• Partner closely with R&D teams to bring new metrics, models and data sources to the broader Netflix audience.