Sr Support Engineer - Partner Integration
New York, NY US
The Web Software Engineering Team at Disney Streaming Services (DSS) is an international team with offices in New York, San Francisco, and the Netherlands. We are responsible for building and maintaining the web applications for Disney+, ESPN+, NHL and more.
As the Sr. Manager of Software Engineering on our Web team, you will be responsible for leading several teams of developers working across varying projects. As their leader, you will mentor and guide, as well as assist in the tactical execution at the ground level. This is not an individual contributor role, but you are still expected to have a deep understanding of the technology we build, and the tools we use to do so. You will participate in code reviews and help with larger architectural decision making, while also managing the operations of your teams.
This role reports directly to the Director of Web Software Engineering, and works closely with that person to drive and execute the strategic vision for the web software engineering organization at large.
As the Senior Manager, Web Software Engineering you will:
• Be accountable for the performance and results of multiple teams of web software engineers
• Make decisions and provide leadership in high pressure and time sensitive situations, guided by resource availability and functional objectives
• Facilitate communication and healthy collaboration between your teams and the product, design, marketing, QA and business teams we work closely with
• Exhibit expert knowledge to analyze the intricacies of complex technical challenges; stay informed of industry innovations; provide new perspectives on existing solutions
• Regularly report up on status and team health, while identifying your team's gaps and needs for your leadership
• Collaborate with the Director of Web Software Engineering on the strategic vision and goal setting for your teams
• Work closely with your project management counterparts to manage team timelines and resourcing
• Help with the recruitment and hiring for your team
• Passion for leadership and relationship building across cross-functional teams
• Familiarity with live/on-demand streaming
• Ability to make decisions about technical best practices and your team's operational process
• Be practical and personable with strong communication and writing skills
• Good understanding of agile software development methodologies
• Experience managing teams of software engineers
• Experience building multiple concurrent projects of high technical complexity
• 5+ years experience building complex web applications at scale
• 2+ years of experience leading teams of software engineers building complex applications at scale
• BA, BS or equivalent experience demonstrating an expert level understanding of software development and infrastructure