Accounts Receivable Analyst
Sinclair Broadcast Group
Cockeysville, MD US
Sinclair Broadcast Group is seeking a Staff Accountant to provide accounting services for our television stations, sports networks and other businesses. This position will provide support for lease accounting including the new guidance under ASC 842.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
1. Maintain lease subledger for both expense & revenue leases making updates for new leases, amendments, extensions, and terminations.
2. Ensure supporting lease documentation and lease milestones are set up correctly for all leases.
3. Ability to analyze real estate leases and identify important agreement terms such as key dates, payment / billing requirements, incentives, etc.
4. Perform monthly rent rolls for payments and billings.
5. Provide support to our accounts payable, accounts receivables and station personnel related to lease postings.
6. Prepare the quarterly lease reporting and disclosure packages.
7. Prepare monthly journal entries for associated lease activities.
8. Complete ad-hoc projects to support the Corporate Accounting team as necessary
9. Assist in gathering appropriate work papers and schedules for both internal and external auditor requests and provide in a timely manner.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
2. 2+ years of accounting experience
3. Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills
4. Strong aptitude for accuracy and attention to detail
5. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, professional environment
6. Desire and ability to work in a team environment and communicate well with others
7. Advanced Excel skills required
8. Experience with Lease Query software a plus
9. Experience with Oracle is a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!