Strategist - Paid Search
New York, NY US
The Commercial Insights Analyst is responsible for empowering Discovery Golfs Ad Sales with insights to drive advertising sales and using data to prove the value of partnering with Discovery. The Commercial Insights Analyst will work closely with the sales, marketing, and revenue strategy organizations. The position requires creativity, knowledge of effective advertising programs, and an understanding of the evolving digital, video and social space. The ability to manage multiple projects at once and excellence in communication across various stakeholders within the organization are crucial.
Empower Sales with Insights - Manage and deliver ad hoc analytics requests
1. Analyze the audience of the Golf Digest properties and utilize the data to fuel ad sales requests
2. Turn around analytics requests to satisfy RFP's and one-off pre-sale data requests.
3. Manage reporting for Discovery's various web advertising campaigns
4. Create pro-active research to help position Discovery platforms, sites, channels, shows, and products
5. Develop benchmark documents for Discovery web advertising products
6. Develop reports and tools to help position the Discovery offering to advertiser clients
Prove the Value of Partnership - Monitor and report on performance of custom ad campaigns
1. Develop data reports for both ads and content that are being sponsored during the campaign on an as-needed basis.
2. Evolve reporting capabilities around best available data sources, the current suite of products, client demand, and industry best practices
3. Create dashboard-style reports to send to clients that lay out the performance of the ad products they have purchased as well as the content that those ad products run on.
4. Present insights that demonstrate the value of partnering with Discovery
* Exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and employees
* Ability to express complex processes and concepts to clients and potential clients
* Strong ability to manage & prioritize workload, analyze situations, develop strategic & creative solutions, and tell compelling sales-oriented stories
* Exceptional organization skills and ability to manage multiple projects with defined time lines
* Resourceful, highly dependable, efficient and detail oriented.
* Ability to work in a fluid, fast-paced and dynamic environment
* Outstanding communication & presentation skills - ability to convey digital data and insights in an influential manner, in both written and verbal forms
* Comfort with and understanding of digital performance tracking tools
* Experience working as a member of a cross-functional team
* Deep understanding of Web culture, online advertising, video and the agency/client/publisher relationship
* Ability to effectively rally internal teams around common goal on behalf of client/campaigns
* 1-3 years’ experience in online media environment with strong working knowledge of online advertising industry
* Experience with and understanding of online ad serving technology strongly preferred
* Experience with programs such as ComScore, Nielsen, MRI, Millward Brown, Mercury Analytics, Kantar Quid, ListenFirst, Crowdtangle (Social), are a plus
* Ability to manage expectations of internal and external customers
* Bachelor’s degree required
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site