Senior Software Engineer, Tools and Automation - Video Platform
New York, NY US
We are currently looking for a Senior Network Automation Engineer who is passionate about all areas of network automation. The role is to be a leader within a dynamic team in support of the company's streaming services. The Automation Engineer, as a part of a team, is responsible for all aspects of a project necessary to achieve successful implementation. This position offers an excellent opportunity for someone to gain exposure to best of breed technologies as well as establish themselves in a dynamic, growth-oriented environment.
• 5+ years working in Network Automation
• Experience configuring routers and switches
• Experience automating network deployments and configurations
• Experience programming in Python
• Experience with Ansible playbook design and execution
• Familiarity with a Python Web Application Framework, for example Flask or Django.
• Familiarity with database management and communications
• Familiarity with web services technologies such as REST and gRPC
• Development of a CI/CD Environment.
• Knowledgeable in network security procedures and best practices.
• Familiarity with leveraging vendor APIs to configure and gather data from network devices.
• Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities
• Experience with Linux-based operating systems
• Experience with container virtualization technologies.
• Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
• Excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate with multiple teams.
• Excellent customer presentation skills.
• A solid understanding of network virtualization landscape along with their supporting technologies. E.g. VRFs and VXLAN
• Experience with Web UI Development
• Experience in multi-vendor network topologies
• Experience with Linux based routing daemons such as BIRD and FRR
• Experience in either the media or web scale sectors.
• A propensity to experiment with emerging technologies.
• Working knowledge of: Linux, Python, Ansible, TCP/IP, BGP, Git, Jenkins, and REST
• Bachelor's degree (preferably engineering related)
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site