Vice President, Procurement
New York, NY
THE DIVISON'S STORY
Most people don't realize the importance of the Finance department in keeping our business operating without hitches and delays. That's probably because we oversee many of the more quietly glamorous, back-office functions that drive our bottom line. We not only forecast, build and manage budgets, we also collect and analyze important data that helps leadership make the best decisions. All of this sounds exciting to you because you love numbers and spreadsheets, and especially love great entertainment.
This role will be a key member of the International Finance team and will support the monthly close and budgeting and forecasting functions for the International division. This role will also work closely with our Owned & Operated channels in Asia.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Manager, International Finance:
• Perform accounting and consolidation for International divisions, including booking monthly entries, analyzing submissions, obtaining variance explanations and summarizing results
• Assist with the creation, reporting and review of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
• Manage the division's intercompany reconciliation process
• Assist in creation of month-end close package, including providing summarized variance explanations and supporting schedules
• Perform detailed balance sheet analysis monthly, and produce consolidated balance sheet reports on a quarterly basis for review with senior management
• Ensure forecasts are accurate and account for all new business goals and objectives while complying with US GAAP
• Take a lead role in managing revenue related expenses and accruals for the Stand Alone division, including taxes and royalties
• Create reports and perform analysis on the consolidated division results, including summarizing findings in a clear and concise manner
• Work on special projects and requests as needed
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to have influence over the division's key goals and objectives. You'll learn that our team is genuinely collaborative and that all ideas are welcome. You will work with a highly dynamic and truly global team and get exposure to all levels of the organization.
• BA/BS in Accounting (CPA Preferred)
• Minimum of 5 years of related experience, with a minimum of 3 years of public accounting experience preferred
• SAP ECC (general ledger) and SAP BPC (reporting module) experience preferred
• Strong Excel skills required
• Media & Entertainment preferred
• Strong organization, communication and presentation skills
• Problem-solver with strong analytical skills with a key attention to detail
• Self-starter with ability to plan and organize work to meet tight deadlines
• Strong financial reporting experience relating to consolidated groups, multinational and multidivisional companies preferred.
• Candidate will require excellent communication (both oral & written) and interpersonal skills with an ability to develop relationships with key contacts in order to be successful
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site