ENVIRONMENT ARTIST (UNTITLED STAR TREK SERIES)
About The Brand
For over 30 years, the Nickelodeon Animation Studio continues to be one of the largest producers of television animation in the world, reflecting all kids today. Based in Burbank, Calif., with offices in New York, the Studio, designed by our artists and for our artists, is home to the world's greatest creative talents. Our campus of creativity houses top-notch talent, storytellers, artists, production teams, voice actors, cartoon experts and more. At Nickelodeon, we are always looking to recruit dedicated craftspeople to help bring groundbreaking new ideas to life and that starts with you! We are leading the way in animated content for TV series, TV movies, shorts and theatrical features. Some of our new upcoming original animated series include, Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years, Rugrats, Middlemost Post, Star Trek: Prodigy, Big Nate and Santiago of the Seas, among others. Our content development teams are creator-driven, our work culture is collaborative, our mentorship of new talent is second to none, and we are committed to hiring inclusively to reflect authenticity in the diverse stories we want to tell. Join us!
Overview and Responsibilities
• Work with the Lead Environment Artist to create models for environments, props, and occasionally characters.
• Rig all assets included in the environment and uv unwrapthe environment model.
• Candidate required having fundamental knowledge of modeling both organic and hard surface environments and props, Maya's referencing system, organizing complex hierarchies, creating lo res proxies, and utilizing IK – FK – and Deformer based rigs.
• Aid in the research, development and implementation of methods and techniques.
• Complete tasks within the time allotted.
• The ideal candidate should be an artist who can model and have proficient rigging skills.
• A great ''can do'' attitude and open-mindedness to non-traditional solutions is essential.
• We are looking for individuals who have extensive knowledge, experience and skill sets implementing the following into a Maya production pipeline.
• The Environment Artist should have 2-4 years of industry experience in film, broadcast, and/or games (Not Mandatory).
Job Locations US-CA-Burbank
Job Type Full-Time Staff
Brand Nickelodeon Animation
Nickelodeon Animation is proud of our celebrated past, but we're not resting on our Bikini Bottoms. We're always looking to the future, for both creative talent and the dedicated craftspeople that bring groundbreaking new ideas to life.