Broadcast Technician, Director
St. Louis, MO US
Technician, MCO/Operations (NE)
• Bachelors Degree in Communications preferred • 2 – 3 years in Master Control and other Broadcasting experience
Requirements- Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
• Operate broadcast equipment in Master Control for (8) channels.
• Operate equipment including automated on-air playback systems, media prep operations, satellite receiving equipment and server-based media storage systems
• Operation of Production Control Room Automation (Ross Overdrive), Production Audio, Camera robotics, Non-Linear editing, Microwave truck operations, Satellite Truck Operations
• Monitor transmitter remote systems- take transmitter readings and make remote adjustments to transmitter as needed
• Communication with all station departments, including making quick decisions and having the ability to react quickly to changing conditions, is required.
• Precise written skills are required in writing discrepancy reports daily and maintain written documentation of daily events and errors during assigned shifts.
• Able to lift at least 60 pounds.
• Build and decorates the set and/or provides props used for production
• Assist in the installation, operation, and maintenance broadcast equipment
• Provide production-related support as needed and may work with outside production facilities
• Assist in digital media productions, liaising with appropriate departments
• May convert analog recordings, film, or printed materials to digital format
• Maintains and stores equipment, records, and tapes
• Experience in television, film, or postproduction preferred but not required
• Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production, and engineering staff
• Detail oriented
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Availability to work any shifts, including weekends and overnights.
• A valid driver's license is required, with a good driving record.
KTVI / KPLR are Equal Opportunity Employers.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site