Studio Financial Planning & Analysis Associate
Los Angeles, CA
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
It's a great time to join our team and as Netflix grows globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunity. As we continue our rapid expansion in creating owned content, we are looking for an individual to join our Studio Operations Accounting team.
This role provides you the chance to join a team that is committed to transforming and redefining the perception of what entertainment is and how it can be enjoyed through the Netflix service. If you are someone with a curious mindset and have a love for analyzing big data sets and automating workflows, we'd love to speak with you!
Qualities We're Looking For
• Fundamentals of Accounting- We'd like you to have 3+ years of accounting experience backed by a bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance; CPA license is preferred.
• Attention to detail + love for data - We pride ourselves in producing high quality work, scrutinizing important numbers and formulas for accuracy, and using spreadsheets and system data to reconcile accounts and solve problems; we like our accountants to love Excel pivot tables and be unphased by large data sets.
• Enthusiasm and quick learning - Enthusiasm for improving and enhancing systems. We are looking for someone to learn the existing process, but then build/challenge it to better scale with the volume of our growth and provide reporting to our business partners.
• Curiosity and passion - Our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it all; having a positive attitude and never settling for ''good enough'' are key.
• Adaptable - You have to be comfortable in an ever-changing eco-system of content, finance and accounting issues and projects.
• You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view.
• Based in Hollywood, and part of the team responsible for the financial integrity of the company's studio accounting and reporting; areas include visual effects, animation, studio overhead, insurance, facilities, and post production.
• Prepare and review monthly accounting entries, reconciliations, presentations, and other ad hoc analysis.
• Review legal agreements, which includes interpreting contractual terms and understanding the application of our accounting policies.
• Drive process improvements and contribute to exciting projects.
• Cross-functional interaction with teams across both the finance and content acquisition organizations.
As Netflix continues its original content expansion, the accounting and operational complexities are also growing. There are new challenges we're facing, and there's plenty of fun we're having. Come be a part of it and help make a positive impact!
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 193 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site