Lead Facial Capture Artist
London, EN GB
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Creates high quality motion of computer graphics creatures, characters and objects within a shot, using a variety of animation software programs, and working under the general Supervision of Senior Level and Animation Supervisors.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Responsible for the successful animation of a series of shots on a specific project.
• Participates as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
• Maintains or exceeds a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
• Expected to ‘mentor’ entry level Animators and must be able to assist them with their shots.
• Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
Key Peers or Relationships
Animation Supervisors, Animation Leads and Seniors, Key Creatives, Department Production Manager
Education / Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in traditional animation or computer animation.
• Demonstrable experience working in cel, stopmotion or computer animation with experience working on feature films.
• Expert knowledge of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design while demonstrating exceptional skills as an animator based as evidenced by portfolio, demo reel and references.
• Significant experience working at Mid-Level Animator level in conjunction with recommendations for advancement by the Animation Supervisors and the Department Manager.
Required Technical Skills / Competencies
• Knowledge of UNIX and shell scripting; expert knowledge of Maya, proprietary and other software programs.
• Knowledge of chaining and constraint techniques.
• Knowledge of both the CG production pipeline and the other production processes at ILM.
• Excellent organization and communication skills.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site