Associate Commerce Editor
New York, NY
NBC News Digital is looking for an associate commerce editor to help expand its commerce content and shopping recommendations.
We're looking for a writer who wants to help NBC News readers make smarter and more responsible shopping decisions. You'll have a hand in developing and expanding the NBC News Shopping commerce content footprint. On top of content creation, the associate commerce editor will work with social teams to distribute NBC News shopping articles.
Our top priority is informing readers with fact-based and well-sourced shopping recommendations. The ideal candidate will be interested in and eager to learn how to best serve readers through shopping articles that are data-driven, easy to understand and compelling. The ideal candidate will know how to parse out what readers need to know - and what is just marketing jargon - so they can make responsible and smart shopping decisions.
You will be expected to regularly seek out and consult experts, relevant research and other trusted sources to form clear and evidence-based shopping guidance and advice. Reporting experience is therefore more important to us than commerce editorial experience.
• Pitch, write and produce shopping content primarily for NBC News Shopping, as well as for NBC News verticals like BLK, Latino, Out and Asian America.
• Create content on a wide variety of topics, from tech and home goods to wellness, apparel and skincare
• Identify and update appropriate evergreen content on a timely basis to meet the editorial demands of the news cycle
• Participate in regular editorial meetings
• Work with the social and engagement teams to create and promote shoppable content
• Optimize new and existing posts based on affiliate partnerships and commerce opportunities
• Build commerce posts in the CMS
One year editorial experience, commerce experience a
- Work experience for a news brand is a plus
- Firm grasp of AP Style: spelling, grammar and
- Attention to detail and ability to make quick decisions
- Ability to manage many different tasks at once
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across
- Knowledge of affiliate marketing platforms including
Skimlinks, Amazon, Linkshare and Rakuten a plus
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site